Collaborating Departments from UMBC: Information Systems, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics, Physics.
Collaborating Departments from UMD: Maryland Robotics Center, Institute for Systems Research, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Welcome to the Center for Real-time Distributed Sensing and Autonomy at UMBC. The vision of this center is to advance AI-based autonomy in order to deliver safe, effective, and resilient new capabilities across a variety of complex mission types, including search-and-rescue, persistent surveillance, managing, adapting and optimizing smart, connected robots and machinery, and augmenting humans in performing complex analytical and decision-making tasks. These systems are continually getting better, but to achieve their potential, there are still numerous developments required to improve their capability, command and control, interoperability, resiliency and trustworthiness.
- Networking, Sensing and IoT for the Battlefield
- IoT for the Battlefield
- Adaptive Machine/Deep Learning
- Individual and Collective Health Assessment
- Adaptive Cybersecurity
- Cross Domain Machine Learning with Few Labels
- AI/ML on Edge
- Predictive Maintenance
Here are some pieces of news from local media outlets about UMBC’s collaboration with ARL and UMD.
UMBC Ascends to the Nation’s Highest Level as a Research University
- 2 Maryland Schools Working With Army On The Future Of AI (WJZ)
- U.S. Army Research Lab and two Md. universities launch $68M robotics and AI partnership (Baltimore Business Journal)
- Technical.ly Baltimore posted a story about UMBC’s work with ARL and UMD. You can find the story here: https://technical.ly/baltimore/2021/05/27/umbc-umd-army-research-lab/
UMBC and ARL have also posted announcements:
UMD, UMBC, ARL Announce Cooperative Agreement to Accelerate AI, Autonomy in Complex Environments (click the Link)
“The agreement brings together a large, diverse collaborative of researchers—leveraging the University System of Maryland’s national leadership in engineering, robotics, computer science, operations research, modeling and simulation, and cybersecurity—to drive transformational advances in artificial intelligence (AI) and autonomy.”
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClarkSchool/status/1397529787522981889
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clarkschool/posts/10165051468100567
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6803296369810407424
Director: Dr. Aryya Gangopadhyay
Associate Director: Dr. Nirmalya Roy
Address: 900 Walker Ave, Catonsville, MD 21228 (Baltimore County)
Sponsor: Army Research Lab, $20.5M (2021 – 2025)
For more information please contact email@example.com